JOHN ADAMS ELEMENTARY
At John Adams Elementary we are 100% committed to the success of your child, socially, emotionally, and academically. We believe in every child achieving goals and pursuing dreams and we support this philosophy through rigorous personalized learning and by providing unlimited opportunities for children. At John Adams you'll find a knowledgeable and dedicated staff that truly has a heart for kids. In fact, we have been a "Capturing Kids Hearts" school since the 2017-2018 school year. "Capturing Kids Hearts" believes "when you have a child's heart, you have their mind."
Additionally, John Adams houses some of the most modern technology you will find in any school, anywhere. Each classroom is equipped with a 10-touch ActivPanel, Apple TV, and we are 1:1 iPads or Chromebooks all the way from Kindergarten through 5th Grade. Meaning your child will have their very own device to use during the school day to use as an educational tool to develop their skills.
We value the partnership that we have with families and regularly hold opportunities for parents and the community to engage with our school. Just this last year we had guest speakers from athletes and coaches at the USA Training Center to the Pikes Peak Library, we held literacy and arts nights, community events, music and choir concerts, morning coffee, School Accountability Meetings, Back to School Night, Open House, Parent/Teacher Conferences where we have nearly 100% parent attendance, and the list goes on.
JOHN ADAMS ELEMENTARY
Unlimited Opportunities for Students:
- We partner with the Catamount Institute to provide science-based environmental education programs to our 2nd-5th Grade Students.
- After-school enrichment opportunities for students. Kids on Bikes, Kindness Club, STEAM, Sports Challenge, LEGO Club, Student Council, Scouts,etc.
- Up-to-date resources: 1:1 iPads and/or Chromebooks, Promethean Panels, Apple TV’s, ActiveConnects, Flexible Seating.
- Summer Bridge is hosted by John Adams Elementary.
- After-school enrichment program.
Social and Emotional Support is a priority at John Adams.
- Social Worker and a School Counselor to support a Comprehensive Student Support Model.
- All students receive a social and emotional curriculum: Random Acts of Kindness.
- Year 5 of implementing Capturing Kids Hearts.
- Strong school-wide PBIS system.
Integral Part of the Community:
- Nearly 200 Families are supported annually over the holidays from John Adams Elementary.
- School provides food baskets for families in need on a regular basis.
- Community Garden.
- Regular Community Events happening at John Adams Elementary including Art and Music experiences, literacy, technology, science, and math parent events, community BBQ’s, and playground activities.
- T-shirt Program for all students.